Degrees and Certifications:
Alva J Kreutzer
President, Board of Education
On behalf of the Board of Education, welcome to High School District 214!
Whether you live in our community now or are considering District 214 as a place to live and work, I invite you to explore our site to discover how and why we have earned a national reputation for innovation and become a destination district for so many.
As you peruse our site, check out the amazing variety of learning experiences offered through our Career Pathways and see “D214 Stories” for just a few of our most recent student and staff achievements – which are far too numerous to count!
As a longtime resident and Board member, my pride and investment in District 214 runs deep. My two children and daughter-in-law graduated from D214 schools. My current involvement extends well beyond Board meetings. In retirement, I am able to visit classrooms and often attend athletic and fine arts events and assemblies. All of which reinforce for me the great work we are doing to help students discover their future.
Consider just a few of the many elements that set District 214 apart:
• A network of more than 1,000 community partners who host invaluable work-based learning experiences.
• A concentrated effort that makes 214 the state’s leading district for students earning college credit and professional certificates while still in high school.
• An investment in time and resources toward the vital goal of equity for all staff and students.
• A broad spectrum of extracurricular activities that provide life lessons whose value extends well beyond graduation.
• Lifelong learning for the community through our Community Education and Adult Education and Family Literacy programs.
• An Education Foundation that supports students and families through school and throughout life by strengthening education, fostering well-being, and expanding opportunities.
At the same time, we know there is always room for improvement and growth. Ours is truly a community endeavor, and we recognize and embrace all of the implied responsibilities, including transparency in our work. Email us; we welcome your questions and value your feedback.
Our world is rapidly changing, and I am proud of the ways in which District 214 - in partnership with our community - is keeping pace and looking even further ahead for the benefit of all.
Alva J Kreutzer
Board of Education