Mission and Parameters
Our primary mission is to help all students learn the skills, acquire the knowledge and develop the behaviors necessary for them to reach their full potential as citizens who can meet the challenges of a changing society.
Our secondary mission is to provide residents with opportunities for lifelong learning.
District 214 Parameters
- Keep all programs, practices and activities consistent with the District mission, vision and goals.
- Operate six comprehensive high schools and one specialized school with six programs to meet student needs and interests.
- Enlarge our candidate pool to attract highly qualified individuals to increase our cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Give the instructional program the highest priority in allocation of resources.
- Maintain sound fiscal practices to ensure appropriate budget fund balances and a balanced operating budget.
- Provide a Community Education Program that supports lifelong learning opportunities.
- Review and update District goals annually.