1. As measured by the Board-approved College/Career Readiness Indicators, the District will increase student success annually or will exceed a threshold established by the Board after two years of data are collected and analyzed.
College Ready Indicators
Students are College Ready if they meet either the academic indicators OR standardized testing benchmarks listed below.
- GPA 2.8 out of 4.0 and one or more of the following academic indicators:
- Advanced Placement Exam (3+)
- Advanced Placement Course (A, B or C)
- Dual Credit College English and/or Math (A, B or C)
- College Developmental/Remedial English and/or Math (A, B or C)
- Algebra II (A, B or C)
- International Baccalaureate Exam (4+)
Standardized Testing Benchmarks (minimum score)
- SAT Exam: Math (530) | Reading and Writing (480)
- ACT Exam: English (18) | Reading (22) | Science (23) | Math (22)
- College Readiness Placement Assessment (determined by post-secondary institution)
Additional Factors that Contribute to College Success
Earning As, Bs, Cs; FAFSA completion; enrollment in career pathway course sequence; college academic advising; participation in college-bound bridge programs; senior year math class; completion of a math class after Algebra II.
Career Ready Indicators
Students are Career Ready if they have identified a career interest and meet two of the behavioral and experiential benchmarks listed below. In addition, students entering the military upon graduation must meet the passing scores on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) for each branch of the military.
Career Cluster Identified and two or more of the following benchmarks:
- 90% Attendance
- 25 hours of Community Service
- Work-based Learning Experience
- Industry Credential
- Dual Credit Career Pathway Course
- Two or more organized Co-Curricular Activities
2. As measured by the growth from PSAT to SAT, the percent of students meeting or exceeding national growth norms from PSAT to SAT will increase annually or will exceed a threshold established by the Board after two years of data are collected and analyzed.