• Visit Website


    In our continuing effort to provide parents with the absolute best service, we have upgraded MySchoolBucks.com. This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. NEW! The MySchoolBucks App makes school meal payments even easier for busy parents on-the-go! You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE online or through the App!

    How does the prepaid system work?
    The computerized system uses the student I.D. card to allow students and parents to establish a prepaid account. The account may be used for breakfast, lunch and a la carte service. At the end of the cafeteria line, after the student has selected his/her meal choices, he/she will need to present the student identification card to the cashier.

    How is the prepaid account established?
    There are several ways to establish a prepaid account for your students:

    By check or cash – Pay by electronic check on MySchoolBucks.com or, to establish a prepaid account for your student by check or cash, a form is included below. Additional forms may be picked up in the school cafeteria or can be printed from the food service department website, www.d214.org, under District Departments, Food and Nutrition Service Tab. Complete the form and send it with cash or a check payable to your student's school cafeteria. Hand in to any food service cashier.

    By credit card – To set up an online account at MySchoolBucks.com, go to https://www.myschoolbucks.com and click on “register for an account”.  Follow the instructions given to set up your student’s account. A convenience fee of $2.75 will be added to your credit card for each deposit made per site. If you have more than one student in the same school, you will be charged only one fee of $2.75 if funds are deposited into each of your students’ accounts during the same transaction session. For assistance in setting up or using an account, contact the myschoolbucks.com support team at 1-855-832-5226.

    How long does it take to post funds to a prepaid account?
    Payments made using checks or cash will be credited to your student’s account by the next business day.

    Payments made using credit cards at MySchoolBucks.com are generally credited to your student’s account within 24 hours. 
    What cards are accepted for online prepayment?
    Visa, Master Card and Discover credit cards are accepted as forms of payment.

    How safe is my credit card information?
    Information is stored with the MySchoolBucks.com website. To ensure the protection of all information stored on the website, all online transactions for MySchoolBucks are handled with industry standard SSL encryption certified by VeriSign. Additional detailed information can be found on the MySchoolBucks.com home page.

    What happens when a prepaid account reaches a zero balance?
    The food service cashier will alert a student when the balance is at or below $5.00. No credit will be extended. Students with a zero balance must pay cash for their meals until their account is re-established. Students may ask for the status of their account balance from a cashier any time a transaction is made in the cafeteria. If you are using the online system, you will be notified by e-mail when your student’s account is low.

    Can students charge meals with their student I.D.?
    No. This is not a credit system designed to develop a bill to be paid at a later date.

    Can I limit my student's account purchases?
    If you would like to let your student use their card for only combo meal deal purchases, contact the Food and Nutrition Services administration office to update your student's settings. 

    Can students receive refunds?
    Regardless of the method of payment, refunds of unused funds will be made by district check to parents only, upon written request. Cash refunds will not be made to students. Unused funds will carry over to the next school year for returning students. Parents can also request in writing to have unused balances transferred to another District 214 sibling. Please send an email to christine.frole@d214.org to request a refund.


    Unused balances will roll over into the next school year for all returning students. Refunds and requests for balance transfer for students graduating or withdrawing is not automatic.  Upon written request of a parent/guardian, unused meal funds may be refunded, transferred to another District 214 sibling, or donated to an economically disadvantaged student with a negative food service account balance.

    Refunds in the amount of $10.00 or greater will be paid by check to the parent/guardian and mailed to the home address provided, regardless of the method of original payment.  Refunds less than $10.00 will be paid in cash by the school cashier and must be processed in person. With the authorization of a parent/guardian, this cash refund can be made to a student.  Refunds not requested within one year of graduation or transfer out of the District are forfeited.

    Please email the Food Service Department at lauren.terlecki@d214.org to request a refund or a transfer of funds to a sibling. Include your student’s name, ID number, school and name & address for the check refund. For a sibling transfer, please include the name, ID number and school for each student.

    If you have any questions, please contact the Department of Food and Nutrition Services at 847-718-7640.

    Thank You!

    Click here for the Prepayment Form for School Food Services


    In 2016, the Payrange mobile vending machine app has been implemented successfully at all D214 schools. Students are able to access vending machines without using cash by downloading the Payrange app on their phones. Payrange accepts all major credit and debit cards as well as funds from apple pay and Android Pay! Follow the steps below to add money to your Payrange app: 1) Download the app to your smart phone or tablet, 2) Create an account, 3) At the bottom of the screen, click the button "Add funds." Follow the steps to add funds to the account.

    You're all set! It’s that easy!

Non-Discrimination Statement

  • In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

    Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

    To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

    1. mail:
      U.S. Department of Agriculture
      Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
      1400 Independence Avenue, SW
      Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
    2. fax:
      (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
    3. email:

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.