District 214 seeks hosts for internships!
District 214's Center for Career Discovery is looking for industry partners to host high school students for summer internships in June and July. The 30 or 60-hour internship is unpaid and the students earn course credit on their high school transcripts. This is a great opportunity for businesses to recruit and develop a future pipeline of employees. If you and your business would like to host a student intern, click here or call Kelly Broz, Career Discovery Supervisor, at 847-718-7682.
This opportunity is designed to provide Juniors and Seniors with authentic, relevant and meaningful learning experiences in the local community, which assists students with their post-secondary decision making.
- The Micro-Internship is a NON-PAID, one-semester course (.25 credit)
- Students can earn a letter grade (A = 4.0) or take the course Pass/No credit
- The Internship is included on high school transcripts and is classified by one of the seven endorsement areas determined by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Student participation is monitored and evaluated by an instructor.
- Transportation may be available upon request.
- Meet with your School Counselor to discuss self-identified career goals.
- Take at least one class related to your career interest area.
- Participate in a District 214 Career Night or classroom career exploration experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently for 30 hours during a semester (during school or after school/weekends). Consider your schedule and school activities prior to applying for admission to this program.
- Communicate effectively with your internship supervisor.
*Interns must regularly check their school issued @stu.d214 email.
October 31 for Spring Semester Placement
March 19 for Summer Placement
March 19 for Fall Semester Placement
Once these deadlines have passed, interviews will be scheduled and take place at school when all forms have been received.
Due to the customization and individualization that's involved with securing each Micro- Internship placement, acceptance into the program does not guarantee placement.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 847-718-7483