District 214 Seal of Biliteracy
Seal of Biliteracy Assessment Information
Students at District 214 have the opportunity to be recognized by the State of Illinois for earning proficiency in English and an additional language. The Illinois State Board of Education's Seal of Biliteracy Program will place an official seal on diplomas and official recognition will be placed on transcripts of students who qualify. Illinois public post-secondary institutions must grant university language credit to recipients of the Seal of Biliteracy. Seal of Biliteracy English and Other Language Criteria
Language Tests Available at District 214 administration:
- The AAPPL Form B: Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish.
- The Avant Stamp 4S: Hebrew, Hindi, Polish and Russian.
- Both AAPPL and Avant Stamp are digital assessments that test students in listening, reading, writing and speaking.
Fall Language Tests Dates:
Your high school will offer language testing in October or November during the school day. After registration closes, your World Language Social Science Division Head will contact you with more information about the exact dates and times of testing at your school.
Test results will be emailed to students and parents/guardians in mid-December.
Cost: $25 (Students that are approved for free or reduced lunch will receive a reduced cost and should register using the District 214 fee waiver registration link below)
High School Registration:
- Registration is closed for Fall Seal of Biliteracy Testing.
- Registration will open in January for Spring Seal of Biliteracy Testing.
If you have questions about Seal of Biliteracy Testing, contact the World Language/Social Science Division Head at your high school.