Of all the factors considered in the college application process, the high school transcript is the one that carries the most weight. Each college determines the way in which they want to receive your transcript.
Please watch THIS VIDEO (<10 minutes) that goes over the full procedure for determining how to find out if you need a mid-year transcript or not, as well as how to order one through Parchment.
Please review these written directions as well for more details.
How to Sent Your Transcript
--> REVIEW THIS CHART FOR AN EASY WAY TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO SEND YOUR TRANSCRIPTS! (One note: Illinois State DOES require a transcript if you are applying test-optional.)
--> Also, view THESE SLIDES for a quick overview of the complete transcript process.<--
Colleges require your transcript courses and grades in one of the following ways:
- If you apply via the Common App or Coalition App, your counselor will upload your official transcript into the application after you invite them by listing their (correct!) email address in the application.
- Self-Reported: Some colleges do not require an official transcript but instead require the student to enter every course and grade from their transcript into the college application. (TIP: Find your transcript in your Infinite Campus account. See below!)
- Parchment: For all other transcript requests, students will request that their transcript be sent through Parchment. This includes requests for Mid-Year/7th semester transcripts (even if initially sent another way) if required and all FINAL transcripts.
Information on how to create your Parchment accounts was sent to you in early September. You can refer back to this information afterward.
CLICK HERE to access slides on transcripts and Creating a Parchment Account.
Scholarships: If you need a transcript to be emailed or snail-mailed to a scholarship organization, click HERE for instructions.
Parchment Transcript orders will not be sent out until AFTER Labor Day. Any issues with your Parchment account must be directed to our registrar, Mrs. Schwichtenberg at email@example.com .
How to Print Your Unofficial Transcript
Unofficial transcripts are often accepted for scholarships and admission at some colleges.
To access your unofficial transcript:
- Log into your IC account (using the link in Quick Links (not the app).
- Select “Print Transcript” on bottom left of screen.
Types of Transcripts
- Initial Transcript: Transcript with grades for all semesters completed when you apply (usually through junior year if you apply in fall of senior year).
- Mid-Year Transcript: Transcript with first-semester senior year grades. (Sent per request ONLY via Parchment, usually in mid-January.)
- Final Transcript: Transcript with all senior year grades and proof of graduation. (Sent per request ONLY via Parchment, usually in mid-June.)
- Unofficial Transcript: Transcript that a student can download and send on their own. This is not sent from a school official but is still accepted for scholarships and some college admissions.