Our primary mission is to help all students learn the skills, acquire the knowledge, and develop the behaviors necessary for them to reach their full potential as citizens who can meet the challenges of a changing society. Our secondary mission is to provide residents with opportunities for lifelong learning.
The District 214 vision embraces continuous improvement and includes:
Students who demonstrate...
- analytic capabilities
- communication skills including reading, writing, speaking, listening, and numeracy
- creative expression and educated response to the creative works of others
- ethical judgment and decision-making ability
- career and life planning skills
- responsible citizenship
- understanding of ways to participate in an interdependent world
- problem solving skills
- concern, understanding, and respect in social interactions
- technological literacy
- ability to develop and maintain wellness
An environment in which people are...
- physically, psychologically, and emotionally safe
- treated fairly and ethically
- valued for their unique backgrounds and contributions
Staff members who...
- are active, lifelong learners committed to continuing professional and personal development
- are leaders in instructional practices
- create school work which engages and challenges students
- are innovative, take risks, and share what is learned from successes and failures
- are concerned, caring, and compassionate
- cooperate as partners with parents and the community in the education of students
- use student learning data to inform instructional decisions and practices
A Board of Education that...
- provides high quality resources for students and staff
- respects successful programs and practices
- encourages continual improvement through risk-taking and innovation
- cooperates and communicates as a partner with parents and the community in the education of students
- celebrates student and staff success
- promotes lifelong learning
- involves school and community members in decision-making processes