AVID @ RMHS
RMHS's AVID Program seeks to assist all students in being successful in high school, college, and beyond. AVID is a national program whose mission is to "close the opportunity gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society". AVID intructional methodologies focus on Writing, Inquiry, Collaboration, Organization, and Reading and are utilized by teachers across our building.
A piece of the program includes the AVID Elective Course. To be in the Elective Course, students are required to apply, be interviewed, and be accepted into the course. We run sections AVID 1 (for freshmen and sophomores), AVID 2 (for sophomores who completed AVID 1 freshman year), AVID 3 (for juniors), and AVID 4 (for seniors) each year. Incoming Mustangs and current freshman and soohomores are welcome to apply for the AVID Elective course during our annual recruitment season (December-January).
- Be sure to check out our NEW blog under AVID News and Notes. With these blog entries, we hope to keep you up-to-date with all of the great things happening in our AVID classrooms and with our AVID students.
- Under the About AVID, you will be able to learn about what the AVID program is, learn where AVID is in the world, view testimonial videos by previous AVID students from across the country, read about some AVID success stories, and get an overall understanding of what the AVID elective course is all about.
- Under the AVID Students, you will be able to: see where our AVID alumni have gone, see how much merit money these students have earned for college, and have a glimpse into our current AVID classrooms and programs.
- Under the AVID Faculty, you will see the full listing of our site team members. Please click on the member's name to email him or her.
- Under the AVID Parents, there is a form for parents to offer suggestions and comments. We really want you to be involved in our program!