Welcome to the RMHS Library!
Welcome to the Rolling Meadows High School Library. Please come visit us for your next good read, to print materials for your courses, to get help with research, to have a quiet study space, to get help in the Academic HUB, to visit the Tech Office, or just to say hi! We are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 3:20 pm, with the exception of opening at 8:00 on Thursdays.
District 214 Library Mission Statement:
The goal of library services is to support the District 214 Goals of preparing all students to be College and Career Ready. Library staff will maintain a positive, welcoming learning environment and uphold the Association of Illinois School Library Educators state and American Association of School Librarians national standards through student instruction and staff collaboration.
About the RMHS Library
Use the links on the right side of this page to help you find:
Book and Magazine Resources
- We offer access to both physical and digital resources.
- The Online Catalog will allow you to search for physical resources (books, movies, etc.) across the district that are available for you to check out.
- Sora and Axis360 will each give you access to eBooks and audiobooks
- Please note, these resources require sign-in with your username and password.
- Flipster offers online magazines. Please ask a library staff member for the login information for this resource.
- For written or video instructions on how to use the Online Catalog, Axis 360, Flipster, or Sora, visit your “Class of” page in Schoology, go to “Materials,” and check the “Library Resources” folder.
- This resource is to help you create citations for research papers or projects. When you click on the Noodle Tools link, it will take you to the district library services page, where you can find Noodle Tools on the left-hand side. You will be prompted to log-in with your student email address.
- If you need to complete research for one of your classes, you have access to a variety of different databases to search for information.
Digital Newspaper Resources
- You have access to several digital newspapers as an RMHS student. Please ask a library staff member for the login information for these resources.
- ACADEMIC VIDEO ONLINE (AVON)
- Academic Video Online has over 72,000 titles spanning a wide range of subject areas, including math, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, food, fashion, and more. Included are documentaries, interviews, feature films, performances, news programs, newsreels, demonstrations, and raw footage of significant historical events. Once you have your passwords for home access, go to the upper righthand corner under the person icon and sign in with the username and password (You will not need to sign in while in school).
- SWANK Video Platform
- SWANK K-12 Streaming provides streaming access to thousands of feature films, documentaries, and foreign films for educational support. Your teacher may assign films from SWANK throughout the school year.