To be referred to Vanguard the student needs to meet the following criteria;
- Completed at least one semester of HS prior to transferring.
- Has a desire to work in a self-paced, personalized environment.
- Is not exhibiting excessive acting out/delinquent behaviors.
- Is not failing due to a current untreated substance abuse problem.
- Is not known to be actively gang involved in the school.
- Might not be better suited for other services/programs (YAP, ELL, or HSE).
- Has an academic ability level suitable for courses offered at Vanguard.
- Desires to work towards earning a District 214 diploma.
- Vanguard idea introduced to student/parent to gauge interest (voluntary decision).
- Vanguard Application started by the student in D214 Apply https://d214.smapply.org/
- The counselor will complete their portion of the application.
- Vanguard team will review the referral.
- Vanguard team will contact students/parents/guardians to set up a tour and intake interview.
- Vanguard team will contact the counselor regarding student status.
- Referrals can be made at any time during the year, and if there is space available, we will start the student at the beginning of the next quarter.
2021-2022 Student Starting Dates
Q1 Start: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 (application deadline: 05/14/21)
Q2 Start: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 (application deadline: 09/24/21)
Q3 Start: Tuesday, January 4, 2022 (application deadline: 12/03/21)
Q4 We do not anticipate taking new students 4th quarter of 2021-2022 school year
Q1 2022-2023: August 2022 (application deadline 05/13/22)
Please direct all questions/concerns to:
Patrick Kain (847)718-7861 or Natalia Negron at (847) 718-7872 (also available to speak Spanish, if needed)