State Testing Updates (week of June 29, 2020)
The SAT is the final assessment requirement in order for students to receive a high school diploma. Since students missed this opportunity in the spring, the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) has announced that all high schools in Illinois will offer the SAT with Essay during the school day on October 14, 2020 for students in Grade 12.
For the 2019-2020 school year, ISBE submitted a statewide waiver to the U.S. Department of Education to waive all federally required assessments. The federally waived assessments include the PSAT 8/9, PSAT 10, SAT, DLM and Illinois Science Assessment.
SAT and ACT National Saturday Exam Updates (week of June 1, 2020)
The Colleges are being flexible with their testing requirements and decision deadlines. Please check college websites to get the most accurate information on policies and deadlines.
- College Board cancelled the June 6 SAT which includes any June accommodation special testing.
- Registration is now open for Fall 2020 SAT Exams, but priority is being given to some students. Students who registered for the June SAT can transfer their registration now to any available administration. Students in the class of 2020 or 2021 who do not have SAT scores can register now for August, September or October Tests. Later this week, registration for the August, September and October tests will open for all students.
- See College Board's SAT Covid Update page for more information.
- See District 214's SAT page for basic information about the SAT exam and when District 214 high schools plan to host the Saturday exams.
- All students registered for the June 13 ACT should have received an email from ACT with updates on test center availability and capacity.
- The June 13 ACT scheduled at Wheeling High School was cancelled.
- All June accommodation special testing has been cancelled at District 214 high schools.
- See ACT's Covid update page for updates, along with test center cancellations and frequently asked questions.
- District 214 was not scheduled to host the ACT exam on July 18. Check ACTs Covid update page or contact ACT directly with questions about the administration.
- Registration for Saturday ACT Exams for the 2020-2021 school year will open in July 2020.
- See District 214's ACT page for basic information about the ACT exam and when District 214 high schools plan to host the Saturday exams.
Advanced Placement (AP) Online Exams Spring 2020
The majority of AP students have completed their online AP Exams. We are so proud of how well the students navigated their exams at home. We know it was so difficult to test in a completely different format.
AP results: Students will receive access to their AP scores starting on July 15. Scores will be released in the student College Board account. Students should sign in to their College Board account before scores are released to be sure they can access their account. If the student doesn't remember their username or password, they can recover them on the site. They shouldn't create a new account.