To apply for a District 214 substitute teacher, support staff, homebound tutor, instructional aide, or campus security position, please complete our substitute application.
To apply for a substitute school nurse position, please complete our substitute school nurse application.
Once you submit your application, you will be sent further details along with paperwork.
Substitute Eligibility Requirements
You must possess the following licensure to substitute in District 214:
- Substitute Teacher – Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or Illinois Substitute Teacher License (SUB)
- Substitute Instructional Aide – Illinois Paraprofessional Educator Endorsement (ELS/PARA)
- Substitute School Nurse – Current RN License or an Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)
- Substitute Security Personnel
- Homebound Tutor – Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL)
All licensures must be registered in Region 05 – North Cook ISC
Pay Rates for 2019 - 2020
- Substitute Teacher: $ .40 per minute for instructional time only
- Substitute Aide or Security: $ .22 per minute
- Substitute School Nurse: $ .37 per minute
Paychecks typically reflect a 2 week lag between days worked & payment. If there are any questions, please contact the building administrative assistant. You will find a list per building in the Substitute Handbook.
Substitute Required Training
Prospective substitute staff and homebound teachers are REQUIRED to view the district’s online training tutorials as part of the application process.
You will be sent a link and instructions for the tutorial training shortly after your substitute application has been submitted and approved.
If you need additional information, please contact Jenny Herrera at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-718-7851.
D214 Substitutes Handbook
Frontline Substitute User Guide
Payroll Dates 2019-2020