Seal of Biliteracy September Assessment Information
Students at District 214 have the opportunity to be recognized by the State of Illinois for earning proficiency in English and an additional language. The Illinois State Board of Education's Seal of Biliteracy Program will place an official seal on diplomas and official recognition will be placed on transcripts of students who qualify. To learn more about the qualifying scores for the Seal of Biliteracy, please visit page 125 of our 2020-21 Academic Handbook.
Seal of Biliteracy Language Assessment Registration
Student Grade: Grades 11 and 12 only
Registration Deadline: 9/25/2020
Payment Deadline: 9/28/2020
Registration Fee: $25, which includes an administrative fee. Payment by check made out to Township High School District 214 and mailed to Mary Quinn at Forest View Educational Center, 2121 S. Goebbert Rd, Arlington Heights, IL 60005.
Location: At home or at District 214 Administration Center Computer Labs. See Testing Options below.
2020-2021 Testing Options During Covid-19:
There are a variety of assessment methods this year, each has its own requirements. These are not the district's requirements, but those of the state approved test companies. Students who choose the remote proctor options must test between 9/21/20 and 10/31/20.
Additional Information about the Language Assessments:
AVANT STAMP 4S Assessment (Available in Hebrew and Polish)
- 4 Tests: Reading 35-40 minutes, Writing 20-25 minutes, Listening 35-40 minutes, Speaking 20-25 minutes
- Students must earn a minimum of Intermediate High on all components of AVANT’s STAMP 4S exam.
- User guides and other information can be found at https://avantassessment.com/guides
AAPPL Form B Assessment (Available in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Thai.)
- 4 Tests that take about 30-40 minutes each that include Interpersonal Listening/Speaking (ILS), Interpretive Reading (IR), Interpretive Listening (IL), Presentational Writing (PW).
- Students must earn a minimum of an I-5 on all components of ACTFL’s Assessment of Performance toward Proficiency in Languages (AAPPL) exam.
- Demo assessments can be found here: on the AAPPL website at https://www.languagetesting.com/aappl2-demo.
For more information on the Seal of Biliteracy, please visit this link at the Illinois State Board of Education. https://www.isbe.net/Pages/Illinois-State-Seal-of-Biliteracy.aspx
If you have any questions in the meantime, please contact Julie Kim, the District Assessment Coordinator at email@example.com or 847-718-7939.