Dear District 214 Parents/Guardians:
Township High School District 214 Food and Nutrition Service Department
Meal Program Information and FAQ 2020-2021
- In school year 2020-2021 we will continue to participate in the USDA Special Milk program and provide 1 combo meal deal breakfast and/or 1 combo meal deal lunch daily, at no charge, to free eligible students and at a reduced rate to reduced eligible students.
- We will carry over 2019-20 school year's (last years’) student eligibility status until expiration on September 14, 2020.
- A new Special Milk/Meals Program application must be submitted annually.
- We will be processing all Meal Program Applications through the Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal (FRAM). Please apply for meals online through the Parent Portal. (Note parents must set up E-signature to submit - Applications E-signed by students will not be accepted).
- Meals are served every school day. For the 2020-21 school year, breakfast is available at all schools for $2.00 and lunch is $3.00/$3.25/$3.50. Reduced breakfast is $1.00 and reduced lunch is $2.00. Milk (½ pint) is included with the meal, but may also be purchased separately for $.60. A variety of healthy and student favorite a la carte options are available.
- We will continue to receive Direct Certification files from the DHS. Each student receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and/or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) from the DHS will be mailed a letter of eligibility for free meals at the end of July from District 214. If you receive one of these letters, you do not need to fill out a Special Milk/Meals application as well.
- A School Messenger blast email message to all registered households will be sent out the first week of August, 2020, with instructions on how to apply for meals and access the Special Milk/ Meals Program application online through the IC Parent Portal. USDA regulations prohibit distributing meal applications more than 30 days prior to the start of the school year.
- Special Milk/Meal Program applications and our Menu will be posted on the Food and Nutrition Services page of the District website in August. Please apply for meals online through the IC Parent portal.
- The Food and Nutrition Services Department has a computerized debit system that allows parents to prepay for school food services. This computerization provides many benefits for students and parents in utilizing the cafeteria services.
- In our continuing effort to provide parents with the absolute best service, we have upgraded MySchoolBucks.com. This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. NEW! The MySchoolBucks App makes school meal payments even easier for busy parents on-the-go! You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE online or through the App! See more information on the Online Food Service Pre-pay tab.
- The Payrange mobile vending machine app has been implemented successfully at all D214 schools. Students are able to access vending machines without using cash by downloading the Payrange app on their phones. Payrange accepts all major credit and debit cards as well as funds from apple pay and Android Pay! Follow the steps below to add money to your Payrange app: 1) Download the app to your smart phone or tablet, 2) Create an account, 3) At the bottom of the screen, click the button "Add funds." Follow the steps to add funds to the account. You're all set! It’s that easy!
If you would like to apply for Free or Reduced price benefits, please visit the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to apply online beginning in August. The form is located under the
More/Meal Benefits Tab.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AND SIGNED BY AN ADULT HOUSEHOLD MEMBER WHO HAS SET UP AN AUTHORIZED E-SIGNATURE ON FILE. WE CANNOT APPROVE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AND SIGNED BY STUDENTS. THANK YOU.
Detailed instructions on how to complete the online meal benefits application are below:
|Meal Benefits Application Instructions
Families of previously enrolled student should already have access to the Parent Portal. Any families new to District 214, should have received an email regarding the activation of their Parent Portal account.
Eligibility for meal benefits will be determined within 10 days of receipt of application in our office. A letter of approval or denial will be mailed to your address on file notifying you of your child's (children's) eligibility status.
We look forward to providing meals for your child in our cafeterias. Our staff is committed to serving students nutritious meals, while maintaining variety to keep students satisfied.