Township High School District 214 requires paraprofessionals to have an Educator License with Stipulations as a Paraprofessional ELS (PARA). Below are the requirements.
When applying for a Paraprofessional approval:
1. One of the following is required:
- Official transcripts showing 60 semester hours of credit "Must be in a sealed envelope as given by the university" or sent electronically directly from the university; or
- Official transcripts showing associate's degree or higher from accredited institution "Must be in a sealed envelope as given by the university" or sent electronically directly from the university; or
- Passed the ETS ParaPro assessment (460 or higher). Evidence is the official score report. Submission of an official high school diploma or official transcripts is also required; or
- Passed the applicable ACT WorkKeys assessments (Applied Mathematics-4, Reading for lnformation-4, Writing/Business Writing-3) Evidence is the official ACT WorkKeys "Proficiency Certificate for Teacher Assistants." Submission of an official high school diploma or official transcripts is also required.
2. Submit documentation to the Educator Licensure Division at the Illinois State Board of Education. Telephone: 866-262-6663 | Website: www.isbe.net
Educator Licensure Division
Illinois State Board of Education
100 North First Street, Suite 306
Springfield, IL 62777
Or to expedite processing, submit documentation to the North Suburban Cook Regional Office of Education.
Telephone: 847-824-8300 | Website: www.ncisc.org
North Cook Intermediate Service Center
1001 Touhy Ave, Suite 200
Des Plaines, IL 60018
3. The application fee is $100.00, plus a $1.75 convenience fee.
4. Once a license is issued, fees to register in North Cook Region 05 can be paid online in the amount of $60 (to register for 5 full fiscal years, plus the remainder of the current fiscal year), plus a $1.75 convenience fee.