Township High School District 214 administers a variety of assessments to its students to provide them, their parents, and their high schools' staff with performance information. Such information is used for:
- Placement in appropriate courses
- Identifying the need for additional instruction
- Monitoring student growth
- Determining the extent to which students are meeting district and state standards
- Providing information to enrich the curriculum and instruction
- Providing information for making post-secondary educational and vocational decision
Township High School District 214 coordinates five district-wide assessment programs for high school students at Buffalo Grove High School, Elk Grove High School, John Hersey High School, Prospect High School, Rolling Meadows High School, Wheeling High School, Vanguard School and Forest View Alternative School.
- State of Illinois Assessment Program that complies with the assessment requirements of the State Board of Education including tests that are required to receive a high school diploma.
- College-Bound Assessments aid students in making decisions with regards to their college plans. These are assessments such as the National ACT and SAT where students register for the test online.
The District 214 Assessment Brochure has more detailed information regarding the assessments that take place at the high schools.
Each of the District 214 high schools has its own Assessment Center that handles testing for students at their school. Please contact any of the staff below if you have questions about testing at your student's school.
Buffalo Grove High School
Elk Grove High School
John Hersey High School
Prospect High School
Rolling Meadows High School
Wheeling High School
The Academy at Forest View