Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests should be submitted in writing to one of District 214’s FOIA Officers—Patrick Mogge or Erin Brooks. The officer will respond to all written requests for information and public records in accordance with the Illinois Freedom of Information Act and District 214’s FOIA Administrative Procedures. Requests for public records should be directed to the following address:
Township High School District 214
2121 S. Goebbert Road
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
Or e-mailed to:
District 214 also will make public records available for inspection and copying. If requested, public records will be mailed.
District 214 offices are closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.
Fee Schedule for FOIA Requests
- No fees shall be charged for the first 50 pages of black and white, letter or legal sized copies requested.
- Thereafter, a fee of $0.15 per page will be charged for each additional black and white, letter or legal sized copy.
- For all other copies, including color copies, District 214 shall charge no more than the actual cost for reproducing the records.
- District 214 may charge the requester for the actual cost of purchasing a recording medium, whether disc, diskette, tape, or other medium.
- The cost for certifying a public record shall be $1.
Public records may be furnished without charge or at a reduced charge if the individual requesting the public records states specifically the purpose for the request and the reasons that a waiver or reduction of the fee is in the public interest. Waiver or reduction of the fee may be determined to be in the public interest if the principle purpose of the request is to access and disseminate information regarding the health, safety, and welfare or the legal rights of the general public and is not for the principal purpose of personal or commercial benefit. In determining the amount of waiver or reduction, District 214 may take into consideration the amount of materials requested and the cost of copying them.
Categories of District 214’s Public Records
As required by 5 ILCS 140/5
The following list identifies the types of public records maintained and available for public inspection:
- administrative materials and procedural rules
- final opinions and determinations, except for those adjudicating student disciplinary cases where the disclosure would unavoidably reveal the identity of the student, or those adjudicating employee grievances or disciplinary cases
- final outcomes of employee grievances or disciplinary cases in which discipline is imposed
- Board of Education policies and final documents explaining or interpreting such policies
- final reports and studies prepared by or for District 214
- information concerning expenditure of public funds, unless otherwise exempt from disclosure under FOIA
- names, salaries, titles, and dates of employment for all district employees and officers
- Board of Education open meeting minutes
- information concerning grants or contracts made by District 214, unless otherwise exempt from disclosure under FOIA
- all other information required by law to be made available for public inspection and copying
List of Documents or Categories of Records that District 214 Will Immediately Disclose Upon Request
As required by 5 ILCS 140/3.5(a)
- Board of Education policies
- Board of Education open meeting minutes for current year
- Board of Education meeting dates and agendas for current year
- school calendar
- contract reporting status
- school report cards
- student acceptable use policy
- collective bargaining agreements
- salary schedules
- budget for current year
- staff directory
- academic handbooks
- accounts payable schedule