Research and Evaluation conducts educational research to improve student learning and performance. The below reports include analyses of our district’s academic performance, as well as studies related to the understanding of educational data and public policy.
- PARCC Versus ACT/ASPIRE: The Future of High-Stakes Testing in Illinois
- High-Stakes Academic Assessment and Educational Evaluation in Illinois
- The Disconnect Between Recent Research and Education Policy: Basing High-Stakes Decisions on Tests That Have Not Proven to be Valid
- ACT Performance in Illinois
- Using Grades and Test Scores to Place Students: What Combination Places Students Most Accurately?
- Expanding AP Programs
- What You Need to Know About Using the EXPLORE, PLAN, and ACT Tests for Instructional Improvement
- Are only 25% of American High School Graduates Ready for College? ACT College Readiness Benchmarks and the Fabrication of a Crisis.
*Geocoding support by Texas A&M University GeoServices