09851 District Summer Internship Program
Mr. Scott Gustafson - firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, 847-718-7867
The Summer Internship Program is available to incoming Juniors and Seniors who are extremely committed to pursuing a specific career and have the knowledge, skill, and dedication that will be required to engage in a very rigorous and challenging and valuable hands-on learning experience which cannot be replicated in the classroom.
- The Internship is a NON-PAID, two-semester course (.5 credit)
- Students can earn a letter grade (A = 5.0) or take the course Pass/No credit.
- The Internship is included on high school transcripts.
- Students submit weekly assignments and their participation is monitored and evaluated by an instructor.
- Students must be 16 years of age by first day of Summer School.
- Meet with School Counselor to discuss self-identified career goals.
- Take at least one class related to career interest area.
- Attend District 214 Career Night or classroom career exploration experience.
- Students must be able to intern 15 hours per week. Consider your schedule and summer activities prior to applying for admission to this program.
- Internet access is necessary for ongoing communication and submitting online assignments. (This includes a commitment to regularly check school issued @stu.d214 e-mail.)
- Reliable transportation is required.
- School attendance and discipline records must reflect mature responsibility and behavior.
- Summer Internship Application deadline is March 15.
Summer School enrollment and fees ($197 total for both semesters).
Upon acceptance into the program, students need to register by May 1.
An Internship Application is considered complete when ALL forms below have been completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Recommendation 1
Teacher Recommendation 2
2018 Summer Internship Application Deadline is March 15.
Beginning in April, interviews will be scheduled and take place at school when all forms have been received.
Due to the customization and individualization that's involved with securing each internship placement, acceptance into the program does not guarantee placement.