09500 District Micro Internship
Mr. Scott Gustafson - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, 847-718-7867
This opportunity is designed to provide Juniors and Seniors with authentic, relevant and meaningful learning experiences in the local community which assists the student with post-secondary decision making.
- The Micro Internship is a NON-PAID, one-semester course (.25 credit)
- Students can earn a letter grade (A = 5.0) or take the course Pass/No credit
- The Internship is included on high school transcripts.
- Student participation is monitored and evaluated by an instructor.
- Transportation is sometimes available upon request.
Micro Internship Requirements:
- Meet with School Counselor to discuss self-identified career goals.
- Take at least one class related to career interest area.
- Attend District 214 Career Night or classroom career exploration experience.
- Students must be able to work independently for 30 hours during a semester (During school or after school/weekends). Consider your schedule and school activities prior to applying for admission to this program.
- Internet access is necessary for ongoing communication. (This includes a commitment to regularly check school issued @stu.d214 e-mail.)
- School attendance and discipline records must reflect mature responsibility and behavior.
A Micro Internship Application is considered complete when ALL forms below have been completed and submitted to email@example.com
Parent Consent Form
Teacher Recommendation 1
Teacher Recommendation 2
2018/2019 Application Deadlines:
October 15 for Spring Semester Placement
March 15 for Summer Placement
April 15 for Fall Semester Placement
Once these deadlines have passed, interviews will be scheduled and take place at school when all forms have been received.
Due to the customization and individualization that's involved with securing each Micro Internship placement, acceptance into the program does not guarantee placement.