_____ Presentation of Subject (100 points)
· Do all parts of the paper stay focused on the thesis?
· Do ideas logically follow each other, demonstrating good organization?
· Are all points clearly defined, supported well, and objectively presented?
· Are all parts of the paper clearly explained and unambiguous?
· Does the paper show evidence of analysis and thought on the part of the student?
_____ Sections of Paper (50 points)
· Does the introduction present the issue, define key terms, and clearly state the thesis?
· Does the conclusion restate the thesis, summarize and/or discuss key points, and mention future applications or implications?
· Are transitions used appropriately throughout the paper?
_____ Style and Sources (50 points)
· Are quotes incorporated appropriately in the text?
· Are sources included for information the student would not naturally know?
· Are all sources credible?
· Is there an appropriate title?
· Is accurate MLA format used throughout? (title page, outline, text, works cited)
_____ Mechanics (50 points)
· Is the paper free from grammatical errors?
· Are all words spelled correctly?
· Are a variety of sentence types used?
· Is the same tense pattern used throughout?
· Is active voice used throughout?