|Inserting a Line from Margin to Margin:
1. To insert a line, click your cursor in an empty space on your document where you want the line to be (or press the return key).
2. Near the top of the screen, find the Border icon in the formatting toolbar.
If the formatting toolbar is not there, from the menu bar click View - Toolbars - Formatting.
3. Click on the triangle (down arrow) to the right of the Border box and then click Horizontal Line.
4. A line will be inserted at the location of the curser, within the margins of the document.
Back to top
|Inserting a Dotted Line from Margin to Margin:
| You will actually be inserting a dotted bottom border.
You will need to create space under this border so you can continue typing under the dotted line.
1. To insert a doted ine, click the cursor in an empty space on your document where you want the dotted line to be (or press the return key).
Press the up arrow key on your keyboard at least one time.
2. From the menu bar, click Format - Borders and Shading.
3. In the Borders and Shading window, be sure the Borders tab is selected. Under Style, chooose the kind of line you would like to insert.
4. On the right side of the window, under Preview
, click the squares to de-select all but the second square
Only the square with the line on the bottom should be gray. Click the OK
5. A dotted line will be inserted at the location of the cursor within the margins of the document.
Back to top
|Drawing a Line:
|1. To draw a line, click the line tool in the drawing toolbar.
Then, click the line icon from the dropdown menu.
If the drawing toolbar is not there, from the menu bar click View - Toolbars - Drawing.
2. Your cursor will now look like a plus (+) sign.
Click on your document in the spot where you want the line to start and drag across the document with your mouse to the place where you
want the line to end.
NOTE: If you want a perfectly straight line, hold down the SHIFT key on the keyboard while you draw the line.
3. If you want the line to be dotted, click on the down arrow next to Dashed in the Colors, Weights, and Fills tab of the Formatting Palette.
Then choose the appropriate line style.
If the Formatting Palette is not there, from the menu bar click View - Formatting Palette.