|A new font can be selected as the permanent, default font for new documents.
1. Open a WORD document. From the menu bar, click Format -- Font.
2. The Font window will appear. Make sure the Font tab at the top is selected.
3. Select a font from the list. Other effects such as size and color can also be selected.
4. Click the Default button at the bottom of the window to make the selections the permanent defaults for new documents.
5. A window will open asking if you wish to make the selections the new defaults. Click yes.