Cosmetology Application – 2018-19 – Application Deadline 2/1/2018
Mr. Scott Gustafson– firstname.lastname@example.org – 847-718-7867
This 1-year program satisfies 750 hours of the 1500-hour State of Illinois Cosmetology licensure requirements for students who are interested in pursuing a career in hair, nails and aesthetics. Throughout the program, students are responsible for course materials and providing reliable transportation.
Students will attend the program their senior year both 1st and 2nd semester and will accumulate 750 hours while earning 1.5 high school credits per semester.
The Cosmetology training sites include:
- Technology Campus of Lake County
- Technology Center of Du Page
Students will have an option of selecting one of these sites which meets their scheduling and personal needs, and should rank their preference. There are cost and program differences between the programs so careful review of information is recommended.
Programs may include required attendance during evenings and non-attendance days, including Saturdays and summer and holiday breaks.
- GPA of at least 3.0 (C average)
- At least 16 years of age
- High School records that reflect good attendance and appropriate behavior
- The State of Illinois requires students have a valid social security number.
- The cosmetology program is available to highly motivated students enrolled full-time student in their home schools.
Factors to consider:
- Students participating in early graduation are not eligible. Due to the time commitment required for this program, it is recommended that students not hold outside jobs. Students enrolled in more than three courses during the school day may not be eligible for the program.
- Since cosmetology has a limited enrollment, if the number of applicants exceeds the limit, your home school has the right to select those students who are best qualified. Late submission of this application may mean that a student cannot enroll because the course is closed.
- In addition to registering for cosmetology, students must also enroll in Independent Study Family & Consumer Science.
- Interested students should contact their Guidance Counselor and/or Campus Coordinator.
- Completed applications should be submitted by February 1.