Facts and Statistics
- High School District 214 is the largest high school district in Illinois.
- Six high schools and one specialized school with six programs serve about 300,000 residents in the communities of Arlington Heights, Buffalo Grove, Elk Grove, Mt. Prospect, Prospect Heights, Rolling Meadows, Wheeling and Des Plaines in a 68.30-square mile area.
- Total student enrollment for 2017-18 was 12,331 in grades 9 through 12. Depending on the school, enrollment ranged from 1,818 to 2,162.
- There were 14 National Merit Finalists in the Class of 2018.
- Average class size for 2016-17 was 21.1.
- Per student expenditure for 2016-17 was $19,920.58.
- The 2017 tax rate was $2.629 per $100 assessed valuation.
- Each school has a football field, gymnasium, baseball field, tennis courts, and running track and all schools have access to swimming pools.
- Each school is equipped with a language laboratory, library, college/career center, three computer laboratories, a writing laboratory and a technology center.
- There are approximately 225,000 resource items housed in the District's libraries. Students also can access magazines, newspapers and specialized reference databases through the online subscription sites. Materials are available in a variety of media, including videotapes, DVDs and audio books at each school and the District's library processing center.
- Each school serves hot lunches in its cafeteria, as well as lighter fare.
- Approximately 50,000 adults participated in the District's community education programs in 2017-18.
Advanced Placement Exams - 2018
||Number of Exams Taken
||Scores of 3 or Above
Students in every school have access to approximately 140 co-curricular activities consisting of inter-scholastic sports, fine and performing arts, student government, and interest-related clubs.
The district provides free bus transportation to students who live 1.5 miles or more from their assigned school.
Transportation is available to students who live within the 1.5-mile limit but wish to pay for it.
Late (activity) bus service is available to students who stay after school under teacher supervision.