High School District 214 is looking for student musicians to play in its summer musical, The Addams Family.
Auditions for the orchestra pit will be held May 12 to May 15 from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Rolling Meadows High School, 2901 Central Rd. in Rolling Meadows. Interested students should sign up here for an audition slot on Sign-Up Genius.
If a student cannot audition during one of these dates or times, they should contact Jeremy Morton, the District's fine arts coordinator, at email@example.com.
Students should prepare two short pieces in contrasting styles that show a range of their musical abilities and technique. Students will also sight read. If possible, woodwind doublers should demonstrate their skills on other instruments.
The recommended instrumentation includes Violin, Cello, Reed 1 (piccolo, flute, clarinet, alto sax), Reed 2 (flute, clarinet, tenor sax, soprano sax, bass clarinet), 2 Keyboards, Trumpet (trumpet, flugel horn), Trombone (trombone, bass trombone), Bass (acoustic, electric), Guitar (electric, nylon acoustic, banjo, ukelele), 2 Percussion (no drum set).
If selected, students are expected to be available during the following dates and times:
- June 8, 10, 15, 17, 22, 24 (8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.) at Rolling Meadows High School
- June 29, 30, July 1, & 2 (8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.) at Rolling Meadows High School
- July 6, 7, & 8 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at the Forest View Educational Center
- July 9 (9 a.m. to 12 p.m.) at the Forest View Educational Center
- July 9 performance (5:30 p.m. call, 7:30 p.m. show) at the Forest View Educational Center
- July 10 performance (5:30 p.m. call, 7:30 p.m. show) at the Forest View Educational Center
- July 11 performance (5:30 p.m. call, 7:30 p.m. show) at the Forest View Educational Center