Guidelines for Posting Student Images on District 214 Websites
In conjunction with the district’s technology procedures relating to student safeguards, "No students will be identified, except in cases of public performances, such as athletic and theater events."
• In cases of public performances, such as athletic and theater events, students may be identified with name and photo.
• Photo without name – Okay to post (Photo by itself does not identify student.)
• Name without photo – Okay to post (Name by itself does not identify student.)
• Name with photo – Need parent consent (Name/photo combination does identify student.)
• Articles with group photos but no names underneath – Okay to post, as long as the article does not identify student(s).
*Parental consent may have been given via the online registration process.
Students who are 18 years old can give their own consent.
Consent forms can be found in the District Staff Information folder, under Community Relations, Media Information, Consent Forms.
*The data processor and secretary for associate principal for operations at each school has a list of parent names who did not give consent to have their child’s photo on the school/district website. If a parent’s name is not on the list, consent was given at registration. The list is updated annually.