Athletic/Activity Practices on Snow Days
1. First Snow Day - No Practices
Teams/groups with contests/performances on the following day may receive consideration for practice if the building principal talks to the Superintendent and weather conditions have improved by 1:00 p.m. Very substantial reasons must be given for squads/groups (other than varsity) to be given permission for practice. Under most circumstances, underclass teams/groups will not practice.
2. Second Snow Day and Others in a Series of Snow Days
The Superintendent will give varsity teams/groups the privilege of practicing, if conditions warrant, after 1:00 p.m. each day. Very substantial reasons must be given for any squads/groups (other than varsity) to be given permission for practice. Under most circumstances, underclass teams will not practice.
3. Practices on all snow days must be voluntary on the part of team/group members.
4. Coaches/sponsors or assistant principals for student activities are to check conditions at the school, either in person or by telephone with someone at the school, before calling any team/group members.
5. Before a contest/performance can take place on a snow day, approval must be given by the superintendent(s) and principal(s) of schools involved.