Dear District 214 Parents/Guardians:
Township High School District 214 Food and Nutrition Service Department
Meal Program Information and FAQ 2016-17
- In SY 2016-17 we will continue to participate in the USDA Special Milk program and provide a breakfast and/or a lunch daily, at no charge, to free eligible students and at a reduced rate to reduced eligible students.
- We will carry over 2015-16 SY (last years’) student eligibility status until expiration on September 15, 2016. A new Special Milk/Meals Program application must be submitted annually.
- We will be processing all Meal Program Applications through the Infinite Campus (IC) Parent Portal (FRAM). Please apply for meals online through the Parent Portal. (Note parents must set up E-signature to submit - Applications E-signed by students will not be accepted).
- Meals are served every school day. For the 2016-17 school year, breakfast is available at all schools for $2.00 and lunch is $3.00/$3.25/$3.50. Reduced breakfast is $1.00 and reduced lunch is $2.00. Milk (½ pint) is included with the meal, but may also be purchased separately for $.60. A variety of a la carte options are available.
- We will continue to receive Direct Certification files from the DHS. Each student receiving Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and/or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) from the DHS will be mailed a letter of eligibility for free meals at the end of July from District 214. If you receive one of these letters, you do not need to fill out a Special Milk/Meals application as well.
- A School Messenger blast email message to all registered households will be sent out the first week of August, 2016, with instructions on how to apply for meals and access the Special Milk/ Meals Program application online through the IC Parent Portal.
- Special Milk/Meal Program applications and our Menu will be posted on the Food and Nutrition Services page of the District website in August. Please apply for meals online through the IC Parent portal.
- The Food and Nutrition Services Department has a computerized debit system that allows parents to prepay for school food services. This computerization provides many benefits for students and parents in utilizing the cafeteria services.
- In our continuing effort to provide parents with the absolute best service, we have upgraded MySchoolBucks.com. This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to add money to your student’s meal account using a credit/debit card or electronic check. You can also view recent purchases, check balances, and set-up low balance alerts for FREE! See more information on the Online Food Service Pre-pay tab.
If you would like to apply for Free or Reduced price benefits, please visit the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to apply online beginning in August. The form is located under the Applications/Forms Tab.
ONLINE APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED AND SIGNED BY AN ADULT HOUSEHOLD MEMBER WHO HAS SET UP AN AUTHORIZED E-SIGNATURE ON FILE. WE CANNOT APPROVE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AND SIGNED BY STUDENTS. THANK YOU.
Families of previously enrolled student should already have access to the Parent Portal. Any families new to District 214, should have received an email regarding the activation of their Parent Portal account.
Eligibility for meal benefits will be determined within 10 days of receipt of application in our office. A letter of approval or denial will be mailed to your address on file notifying you of your child's (children's) eligibility status.
We look forward to providing meals for your child in our cafeterias. Our staff is committed to serving students nutritious meals, while maintaining variety to keep students satisfied.
School Lunch application (English)
School Lunch application (Spanish)