A student entering or enrolled in a District 214 school is required to have on file proof of a physical exam and proof of the appropriate immunization as required by law and the Department of Public Health.
Certificate of a Child's Health Exam
In compliance with the Illinois School Code (Chapter 122, Para 27-8.1) and the rules and regulations of the Illinois Department of Public Health for immunization (Statutory Authority, Chapter 111-1/2, par. 11.11 and 11.12, Illinois Revised Statutes, 1977), the following procedures will be required of all students:
- Students entering the ninth grade in a District 214 school must submit proof of a physical examination with required immunizations. Proof of this physical examination and immunization record must be submitted on the required state form. The physical examination must have been completed within one year prior to the first day of school. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO START SCHOOL WITHOUT A CURRENT PHYSICAL EXAM AND IMMUNIZATIONS.
- Athletics requires an annual physical exam for participation in sports.
- Parents will be informed that if there is any physical disability or health problem, the student will not be excused from physical education without a doctor’s notice or the updated health report on file.
- When indicated, any district student must submit an updated immunization record in compliance with the above-mentioned statutes for continued enrollment in any district school.
- Students who are enrolled in a district school will be notified in writing 30 days prior to the date when the student’s immunization booster shots no longer meets state guidelines.
- If a student fails to comply by the required dates for updating immunizations, then the local school authority shall exclude the student from school until such time the student presents proof of having received needed immunizations.
- New students who register after the first day of school of the current school year shall have 30 days following registration to comply with the health examination and immunization regulations. For more information on these requirements, contact the school nurse.
For further information regarding Physical Examination & Immunization refer to Board Policy 7:100.
Click here to find a list of low-cost clinics for physicals.